Tall, Dark, and Mysterious


Guess who didn’t send me my tax receipts this year?

File under: Righteous Indignation, Home And Native Land. Posted by Moebius Stripper at 5:08 pm.

The Employment Insurance office! I know - you’re shocked!

Fortunately, I caught the competent, frizzy blond-haired woman’s name, and I remember that she usually worked at the call centre; with any luck (mine, not hers), she’s still employed by EI, and can send the forms out.

Advice for Canadians eligible for EI: just give up, and get a damned job. It’s a lot less time-consuming.


  1. The company for which I work went on Workshare last year, meaning the gov’t chips in some percentage of your salary while you continue to work. Naturally, this percentage is rather low, and maxes out rather quickly.

    In any case, the gov’t required that all eligible employees submit their earnings for the year and their usual salary, so that the EI office could deduct the appropriate amount from their Workshare payments. Yes, they give you money, then tax it and ask for some amount back. Why they don’t just give you less…

    Anyhow, I submit my tax forms this March. I get the reassessment 3 weeks later: I owe $350 because the EI folks did not deduct enough for Workshare.


    - Random Lurker — 5/1/2006 @ 10:16 am

  2. When’s the due date for your filing?

    - meep — 5/1/2006 @ 11:26 am

  3. Today. But we can send in estimates and get corrected later…feh.

    I also need receipts for my RRSP contributions. Hmm.

    - Moebius Stripper — 5/1/2006 @ 11:58 am

  4. Actually, there’s no deadline if you’re owed money, only if you owe. (I assume you know this, but maybe not.)

    - wolfa — 5/2/2006 @ 6:15 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.